The art of Qi Gong originated in China several thousand years ago.
Qi means Energy, the energy that is naturally flowing through the body and which permeates all living things. With an airy, lively quality, it has no shape and will fill any space if there is one. Similar to blood in its function, it makes any being, (human or animal) alive. In the body the Qi follows certain routes, which are known as meridans. When the Qi is weak, the body is weak. When the Qi is blocked the body gets sick, when the Qi stops flowing there is no life.
The cultivation of Qi, known as Qigong, awakens and improves physical and mental health and helps to actualise all personal potential. Hua Gong is an artistic style of Qigong focussing on cultivating health and spiritual development.
Hua means transformation, integration and liberation. Hua gong is mainly practiced through simple energetic body movements and meditation.
The integration of Qigong principals into daily life is also an important part of the practice.
Hua Gong is simple enough for beginners to learn, and sophisticated enough for advanced practitioners to study as a philosophy and a lifelong practice.
Benefits of Hua Gong
- Prevention and improving health
- Prevention is better than cure. Those who consider themselves healthy can prevent future illness and greatly improve their health.
- Healing and recovery
- The healing power for Qigong is probably the most important reason for its popularity. Many people have recovered from serious illness and have experienced profound transformation in their health and life through Hua Gong.
- Daoist Masters take longevity as the highest goal in the Qigong practice. Dying of illness is like a flame blowing out in the middle of a candle. Sustaining good health to the very end of our life is a real test of a high level of accomplishment of Qigong practice.
- More freedom in life
- We learn how to take care of our own health with Hua gong and are better able to restore the balance when we occasionaly feel unwell. This frees us greatly from the suffering due to illness and old age.
The founders of Hua gong
Zhixing Wang and Zhendi Wu are highly respected for their healing power and spirituality. Originally trained and initiated by Masters Zhang Hong Bao and Shi Song in China, they developed the Hua Gong style and have been teaching widely in Britain, Europe and the USA. For more information please see www.chineseheritage.co.uk
2019 Qigong Class Dates - days run from 10am - 5pm, £55 per person.
Saturday 16th February
Saturday 16th March
Saturday 13th April
Saturday 15th June
Saturday 13th July
Saturday 21st September
Saturday 16th November
We also run weekly Qigong classes on a Monday evening, please see our event calander for more information.